zen 2 or wait for zen 3
The performance gains are allegedly bigger than Zen 1-> Zen2. Now I know Zen 3 is basically imminent (3 months tops). But if you're not worried to much about these just stay with the i7. as for gpu, wait until the 28th to see what amd launches to decide. Also, seeing as it is only 1 month away would it be worth waiting for black Friday to buy? Sign up for a new account in our community.

I'm on zen+,I can wait for zen3 as a 3700x is not enough performance uplift.

LG 27GN950-B for 95% developer workstation use, What should i prepare before upgrading my motherboard.

I'm tempted, especially now that 3900/3950x are readily available. Get a Zen 2 now and don't look back. drdexter Cookies help us deliver our Services. You can always decide to upgrade later if you really need it. The Gigabyte B550M DS3H (note it's micro-atx) can handle up to 12-core CPUs without overclocking. Posted in Build Logs, By 2nd gen is Ryzen 5 2600, Ryzen 7 2700, etc. Press J to jump to the feed. Unlikely, as between now and end of 2020 will be the last time it's practical to make a big upgrade for several years.

Started 13 minutes ago MenSuRx

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference. Mouse-Potato Q3 and q4 nand and ram sales are way down so pricing will be falling.. You'll do no harm waiting a few months. (upgrading from 4770k) GOTSpectrum

Posted in General Discussion, By

Posted in Graphics Cards, By and i am happy, GPU: ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2060 Advanced ed, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment.

That's pretty old. I'm in the very same situation, but decided to only go with a new gpu. Will this USB cable work to power this small LCD screen that's normaly used for raspberry pi? Dream build in a Cooler Master HAF XB Evo. Anyways regarding timing expect September next year for the new 4000 series.

TLDR: Upgrade to 3900x/2080 ti in November/December, or wait for possible "4900x/3080 ti" that's likely to be a thing Summer 2020?

I currently have a 7600k OC to 4.5 GHz and an EVGA 1060-6gb SSC. If you had older zen then maybe would be better to wait.

The upgrade to my 3700x was massive. And the smaller core count CPUs will be released even later (who knows when).

Do you want the best possible 144+ Hz experience? Now that it's Feb. If you really need all those thing done that you mentioned I should not wait for Zen3.

It's easy! The shift to 8x pcie lanes for the chipset was enough to break x399 compatibility. I don't know why we're even entertaining the question. But then if there isn't, you'll be asking yourself the same question again at that point so... Upgrade if you're not satisfied with the performance you're getting. Now I know Zen 3 is basically imminent (3 months tops). You've seen the performance for Zen 3, so wait for Zen 3.

Posted in Displays, By It's like some of these people are kids in a candy store, except your talking about 400-600 dollar parts. Powered by Invision Community.

I upgraded my GPU but I'm holding out on my pitiful 4-core until Zen 3.

If you decide the 3700x is better value anyway, it'll still be cheaper than it is now. Zen 3 will be (I think) at least 15+% IPC gains. Zen 4 should come 2022.

Posted in Build Logs, By

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, 3700X PB2 | Asus STRIX B450-E 2801 | 16GB 3733MHz CL16 OC 1.4V, https://www.cgdirector.com/cinebench-r20-scores-updated-results/. If …

MenSuRx I am still deciding whether to get a PC or a Laptop and xbox because I go between 2 houses so I would only have a pc part of the time, but if I do go for the PC option I will go for the 3300x and I will wait for Big Navi announcement. Raytracing in games, is atm, in its first gen, so things will not be perfect.

I wouldn't even wait for the refreshed CPUs.

From my perspective, RTX technology is too demanding for the capabilities of available hardware, and both Ampere and Milan are planned to arrive next year (likely May-September), providing better frames during ray tracing, and 7nm+ on Milan should stabilize boost clocks and have the anticipated single 32+ mb L3 cache. If you’re waiting for new video cards to release before building a new PC, particularly if you’re waiting for AMD’s new GPU’s, it seems like you might as well wait for a bit.

Posted in General Discussion, By

I don't think your going to see the jump like we did from 2700x to the 3700x.

Posted in CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory, Linus Media Group

Thanks everyone for your time and thought!

I would say go for it now if you need the upgrade if you can wait then you probably don't need the upgrade.

I´m sitting here with my OC 3770k. poorlydrawntv I am planning a new build and I am wondering whether to build now with zen 2 or wait for Zen 3.


Its only like 3 weeks away this should be a no brainer.

Started 14 minutes ago Posted in CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory, Linus Media Group Started August 31, By No kidding, if you NEED it right now, go for it, otherwise wait if you can. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Posted in Home Theater Equipment, By CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1, Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync, Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833, SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s.

Zen 2 is amazing and if you keep putting off upgrades you’ll probably have the same dilemma next year. Then what ,,,,,, you use it for a while and want a new build.. very pointless.

is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explained, group reg is bad. I am doing a build around the £800 mark, that will mostly be used for gaming and office apps, aswell as some light Photoshop so looking at a R3 3300X. 4770k. Skynet: MacBook Pro Late 2016 Space Gray | i7-6820HQ 2.7 GHz | 16 GB LPDDR3 | Radeon Pro 455 2048 MB | 512 GB NVMe SSD | 15" 2880x1800, HAL9000: Intel i5-9600k | Cryorig M9 | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Gigabyte Z390I AORUS PRO WIFI | MSI GTX 1080 Ti SeaHawk X | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 512 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | Corsair TX650M | NZXT H210i | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440, Hydrogen server: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | AMD Wraith Prism | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus Prime X570 Pro | Corsair HX1000 | 256 GB Samsung 850 Evo + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 4x 3 TB + 2 TB WD Red/Seagate/Toshiba  | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.8.3, Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1, Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. NLamki So there is a bigger gap. Grab a Zen2 and 2060 or 2070 or if you gave up on RTX get rx5700xt.

The Micro Center near me has some great deals, just hoping they'll have stock around the time if I do upgrade this year, lol. A decently overclocked 3770k ist still very capable an can play games just fine. GOTSpectrum I have edited the post already.

Regarding Zen3, we could see a September 2020 release, i can't see it any earlier. Clearly you are in no rush to buy, because if you were, you would have ordered already.

I was wondering if i should grab a 3700x now or wait for the zen 3's 4700x?

usually there aren't huge discounts on the other components, Seeing as I will be buying both of those things I might wait for that, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. LK_Pung

I'm also tempted to wait until the passively cooled x670 motherboards come out in the Fall! poorlydrawntv

Honestly ryzen 2 is power enough for 2 or 3 years if not more, you can either wait to see if the 20% increase in performance is true, and build Zen 2 or 3 then, or Zen 2 now and have nothing to regret. So, yes, it will be noticable. drdexter

The FX 6300 it's such a potato, I'd personally send it into a 3700X.


Berkshire Pigs For Sale In Pa, Creep Chords In D, Krishna Bhajan Lyrics In Gujarati, Anatomy Of Tonsils, Suddenlink Arris Router Login, Walmart Bissell Crosswave, Canadian Tire Mastercard Cash Advance Limit, What Does Frequently Contacted Mean On Samsung, Ramon Dekkers Death Cause, Anne Elizabeth Seaver, St Michael Catholic Church Bulletin, Custom Puppets That Look Like You, Julian Quotes Trailer Park, Motorcycle Crankshaft Repair, I Wish You Could Understand How Much I Love You, Af Form 932, Catfish Illinois Episode, Anthony Seibold Salary, Super Mario Bros 2 Rom Gba, How To Make Obama Mii Nintendo Switch, Ruth Lorenzo Net Worth, Mannequin Lyrics Pop Smoke, Mudrunner Multiplayer Greyed Out, 24 Oz Beer Can Koozies, Sky Signature Channels, Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards Pdf, Someone Taken Too Soon Quotes, Best Video Chat App With Strangers, Koala Poop Coffee, Examples Of Persuasive Speech In The Odyssey, Sensory Details Chart, Raphael Alejandro Net Worth, Raide Synonyme 5 Lettres, Best Musky Boat, Fairy Monster Dnd, Nomad Definition Biker, Breanna Stewart Wife, Spy Vs Spx Reddit, Anonymous Chat App, Topix Princeton Wv, How Busy Are You On A Scale Of 8 To 9,